There is a new wave of Momentrepreneurs hitting the internet, and lending their voice to big issues. They are our “Mommy Bloggers”.
They are earning big bucks by giving their opinions, selling products and accepting sponsorships. They enjoy the freedom of being with their kids, going to school plays and deciding what time of day they want to work. They work when the kids are at school, during nap time, or for a few hours in the evening when the kids are in bed – the choice is theirs. They only have to give their opinion on their blog, or tell a story to their followers and they earn money doing it!
So, how do you become a Mommy blogger? And how do you earn money from it?
1. Decide what you want to blog about. Blogging is all about being an expert on a topic. What are you good at? What do you know about? It could be child rearing, parenting, adoption, IVF or Cats and Kids. Whatever people ask your opinion about, take that information and turn it into a story.
2. Set your blog up using WordPress. While there are many free blogging platforms you can use, one of the biggest problems I’ve discovered over the years is that women begin blogging as an outlet or hobby using Blogger or Wix, and when it becomes big, they are stuck not knowing how to move over to a hosted WordPress account to become more professional. Don’t get me wrong, there are still great bloggers out there using the free platforms, but there are 10 times as many who are wishing they had paid up front for a domain name and hosted WordPress account. If you are serious about earning money blogging, buy yourself a domain name, a hosting company like GoDaddy and set yourself up professionally, so that you can earn those big bucks sooner rather than later.
3. Build your community. Build a list and start getting to know those who are following you. When you are making products or offering services, these are the ones who are going to buy from you first.
4. Set yourself weekly, monthly and yearly goals. Make sure you achieve them by getting someone to help you become accountable for them. Make them specific and reward yourself when you achieve them.
5. Find yourself a mentor. Someone who can teach you the tricks of the trade. Your mentor should be able to support you, coach you and give you a range of ideas to help you become a successful “Mommy Blogger”. Over at http://www.Tan-Ja.com, the free fortnightly articles give you all the support you need and Tan-Ja has coached hundreds of people over the years to becoming successful bloggers.
Join Tan-Ja’s community today and like her facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/TanJaWebsiteWriting) to begin your blogging journey. A professional blogger, writer and trainer, Tan-Ja will give you tips and tricks, ideas and lessons on the best way to blog and earn big bucks doing it. http://www.Tan-Ja.com